Friday, November 16, 2012

Away To Pennsylvania!

Today we say goodbye to Maryland and hello to Pennsylvania! We had a great stay with Barry and Tod on their beautiful farm! Mornings were spent in coffee shops around town (Jamie is working on his school applications) and evenings were spent by the warm fire playing chess or talking about the day. Some good news: I got my asthma under control, and I am in the final round of another contest!

Last night we used up a few butternut squashes, grown in the garden outside, for butternut squash soup and Jamie's famous butternut squash bread braid. We also had some brussels sprouts (yay!). Everything turned out pretty good I think. =)

Some pictures.. sorry they're crappy... I took them as we were driving by (it's too cold to be outside, haha).




Today we are going to meet my penpal The Snail Mailer! We will be staying with her for a couple of nights before we head up to New Hampshire... I've never met any of my penpals face to face before, so I am excited. =)

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see what Barry's place looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ciara, Just got a phone call from Karen and Bill is in the hospital with some find of inflammation/infection? in a tube that runs from the gall bladder to the pancreas. He is pain as the morphine is not helping. He is to have an MRI today. Please pray for finding something to deal with the pain and for discovering what can be done to heal (or a miraculous healing!!with God getting the credit!) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! glad you enjoyed Barry's place even tho it was so cold..I have a feeling NH will be as cold or colder! We just got back from picking up RyeRye from the airport...he's looking good, albeit shaggy (needs a haircut!:). He's got lots of work to do for school while here, so I guess its good that it will be raining pretty much the entire vacation so he won't be sad he can't be outside climbing! He brought all his gear and MAYBE will be able to climb on Friday before he leaves. Enjoyed hearing all about school, etc- wish you were here to hear (but of course you'll enjoy a LONG carride with him back to CA in December so you'll get your fill of him them:). I't just nice having him home.

    I'll be curious what its like at the farmhouse in NH and what you will do for Thanksgiving...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete