Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quick Update (+/-)

Good (+) and bad (-) things to report!

+ We made it to Maryland! It was a beautiful drive,

- but we got a flat tire in Virginia

+ after we had dinner at our favorite fast food (Five Guys!)

- which is the second flat we've had to completely replace this trip. So that was was annoying and stressful.

- And it made us late, so we snuck into our host's home like thieves in the night... but

++ Barry left us a little trail of notes to find our way around the place! They have a BEAUTIFUL old farmhouse and they have horses scattered serenely around the place (which are owned by friends). Very idyllic!

- But it's freezing. Californians do not know the meaning of the word "cold" haha. Jamie doesn't think it's that bad, but he's covered in built-in fur. Though I have no excuse with all my extra "insulation" too, haha. =P

- I tried to go on a run but I forgot my inhaler. And my asthma has been really bad and is getting worse (I have to take two doses every couple of hours... before it was just before exercise). So I have to go fill my prescription of my expensive medicine. =( Come on, Lungs! Not in the budget!! =P

+ We are now nestled in a coffee house/restaurant in downtown Middletown to use the internet & get stuff DONE! Jamie is applying to schools and I'm going to do some art.

Bottom Line: We are safe and warm and well fed with wi-fi. All is well.

Pictures soon! This place is too gorgeous not to document with photographs!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see some pictures!:) Glad you made it there in one piece..is there snow on the ground? Are you cooking in your farmhouse or is Barry feeding you? It's been unusually cold here (low 40's during the day for a few days, but warming up to the 50 and 60's during Thanksgiving, but rain the entire week!). Ryan comes in on Saturday (to rain) and his phone just died so he'll be getting a new one while here, among his other errands and studying for midterms. Not exactly a fun vacation but at least he'll be home. We're doing Thanksving here with the northern Ca montoyas at our house:).

    ReplyDelete