Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pet Post: Princess & Suzette

Uncle Grant and Aunt Jyl in Austin, TX have some awesome critters. I love tortoiseshell kitties and I am a new fan of Boxers. ;) I wanted to take both these ladies home with me!! Having pets is an added bonus to this whole vagabonding thing. I really enjoy it.

Meet Princess & Suzette!

Suzette is the tortie kitty... She is super friendly and super sweet and she loves to play. I've never met a more good-natured cat. It helps that my cousin Brooke keeps her nails trimmed, because she plays rough, and I don't think I would love her as much as I do if she had claws, haha.


Princess is their Boxer! Princess doesn't hold still much... She likes to know what's going on and she loves to be a part of the family. She has the sweetest expressions and you can always tell right away if she did something bad, haha.


She likes to snuggle by tucking her face into you, haha.

We were really blown away by the generosity and care we were given by our Austin Cole family! I hope we can go back to visit again soon. =)

Nashville is great so far! We were missing out on the fall weather in Austin (still in the 80s and humid, bleh!) and there are still some leaves on the trees up here. Definitely feels like fall! Trees are aflame and it's drizzly and cold... just the way I like it. =) We went on a run today and checked out the Frothy Monkey for some coffee and cocoa. I've been doodling and Jamie's been studying (GRE on Saturday!). Tomorrow we might go check out some of the sights, and I hope to get back into the comic stuff or have some other art to show!

We are really missing our friends and families back home... I knew I would miss home but I didn't think I'd miss familiarity so much. I can say I am a bit of a "novelty" junkie... I like to have something new and fresh to keep me occupied at all times (it's an addiction fulfilled superficially by the internet in most cases). But I've realized that true novelty or "newness" is actually not as pleasant as I thought. When the only stability you get is from one person and a car full of stuff it's a little bit disorienting, haha. I guess what I'm saying is it will be nice to settle down a bit when this grand adventure is through, and I don't think I could make this a lifestyle. I'll leave that for someone better equipped to make a life on the road. ;)

3 comments:

  1. The Frothy Monkey! love it- esp the banana mochas (you gotta try one!). Are you going to meet any of the LaFevor boys(my cousins) while you are there? Have you talked Uncle Bill into taking you on a tour of Nashville? He wont' take much convincing:) I miss you too, Ditto. Christmas seems so far away! I'm excited to see Rye Rye in 2 weeks, tho!
    I'm sad about the election, btw....anyone up for moving to Idaho?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We met Matt in Austin (he's living there for school) and we met Adam last night. Don't know about David but we'll see.

      So he is coming home for Thanksgiving? Lucky bum... but we'll be enjoying a vacation in New Hampshire so I can't complain. ;)

      Also, you're going to have to move a little further than Idaho...

      Delete
  2. I see that you too have fallen in love with Princess! (Weve never met kitty). One of the nights that we were in New Hampshire Jyl was going to fix fish for dinner and had put it out on the kitchen counter to thaw while we took a little drive somewhere. Anyway, when we got home there was meat wrapping paper in the family room and Princess had a very, very guilty look on her face. But----how can one get mad at her!!!

    ReplyDelete