Monday, October 8, 2012

A Day at the Zoo

Yesterday Jamie and I took Matt & Josh to the San Diego Zoo! None of us have been in a long time (and it was Jamie's first time at this zoo) and the SD Zoo is pretty spectacular. Here are a few of my favorites:

Orangutans & Gorillas... my favorite apes!


(There's a gorilla above Matt's head in the background)



 Okapi & Zebra


Jamie's Favorite: Polar Bear!
There's a bear butt
I believe this is a Bontebok... I love ungulates!!

Secretary Bird

Asian Elephant

Striped Hyena

Red Panda (the Giant Pandas had a HUGE line so we skipped it)

Giraffe!! The big male ("Silver) and a baby ("Robert") just past him. =)

This Zebra, Zahari, was really special... she is unusually docile and this trainer has been working with her for the last three years since she was 8 months old. She responds to Parelli Horsemanship-type cues and is used for the Backstage Pass tour and for things like the Make-A-Wish Foundation. She behaved very much like a domestic horse... super cool.

I think we all had a fun time... even though I was a bit of a nazi, but hey, we got to see everything by the time we left. ;) I seriously could spend a week at that zoo just watching the animals. If we end up near a zoo I'm buying a season pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment