Thursday, October 18, 2012

Our Week so Far...

I think I'm about due for a post...

Monday - Arrived in Novato in the early afternoon (it was so weird driving past Marine World and through the wetlands) and spent the afternoon sitting around and talking with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen before they took us out to dinner at a thai place, yum!

Tuesday - Jamie and I went on a run, and then I spent the day catching up on art (I was able to re-do page 1 of the silly little mini-comic I'm working on):
[Larger version here]
It was very relaxing! Jamie made chili for dinner (yum!) and we all watched "Biutiful" (starring Javier Bardem). It was brutally depressing. But I liked it.

Wednesday - Worked on some contest entries at 99Designs.com, went on a walk with Aunt Karen and the doggies (they have three old ladies, Lulubelle, who is my favorite, Lydia, and Lucy) and visited with a neighbor. Jamie and I went to visit a "coffee" shop (more like espresso shop... no drip coffee, lame) called Dr. Insomnia's. We sat there for a couple hours and talked and sketched and read before wandering around downtown Novato.
 

Then we went over to Bill & Karen's friend's home for dinner. Bill's friend is from India so it was fun to swap stories with him (and he makes amazing food). We all had a great time I think. =)

Today - Jamie and I are going on a run and then later we're driving down to San Francisco to visit our friend Greg!

Tomorrow - We are all piling into the car (doggies and all!) and heading to the beach! =) I should have some photos to share from that excursion.

I am really enjoying having the time to work on some of my art. I feel like now I finally have a chance to improve and practice and MAKE stuff... It's refreshing. Jamie will dampens my spirits by saying "well, maybe you'll have to work full time again if we live somewhere expensive." And I thought I was the pessimist in this relationship. =P We will just have to wait and see! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for art! I'm glad you've gotten a chance to dive back into your creative self (that is the heart of who you are, when you're doing your art, i think!). Also glad you are enjoying hanging out with Bill and Karen and the more laid back pace of life. I'm jealous- sounds like a wonderful week so far! Say hi to Gregby for me, too!:) PS I like your comic! Great colors, so vibrant and lush! Is the rest of the comic online at all for me to see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, on the Cole Family site they are talking about how much they are enjoying your visit ( "immensely"" and that you are cleaning their house top to bottom for them (and how exciting that is). Great job, kiddo and Jamie!:)

    ReplyDelete