Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sick as Dogs in Chula Vista

After just under 12 hours of travel including stops, we dragged ourselves into Chula Vista on Sunday night with nasty colds. After properly greeting my aunt and cousins who were asleep upon our arrival, our first order of business was to get me to a clinic to see about my lungs. I have crappy lungs, so I try to jump on any hint of infection before it starts... So now I'm on steroids, antibiotics, and I have a nice bottle of robitussin with codeine to see me through the night. ;) Boy does that help!! I only woke up once last night!

Yesterday evening we saw my family off on their vacation up the coast and began our few days of R&R by watching Netflix ("Smoke Signals" I give two thumbs up! "Wilfred" I'm still deciding on... I heard there was a twist later in the show, and I am curious about that but not sure if I'm curious enough to put up with that disgusting dog). Even if all we get to do is recover from last week (packing like mad and Jamie being in a wedding on Saturday, which feels like days ago) by lounging around the house and hanging out with Sunny the black lab, that will be great.

My family will be back this weekend and we'll get to spend a few days together before Jamie and I head up to Sacramento. We are taking Josh and Matt to the San Diego Zoo on Monday! In the meantime, we're just laying around and trying to get better. =P I was looking forward to catching up on creative pursuits, but our current health status is getting in the way of that. Ah well. There's always something.

3 comments:

  1. enjoy your lollygagging around (hopefully not too much gagging:) and take some cool pics of the SD zoo for us on your blog!:) I'm jealous...last time I was there was like 40 years ago, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we will!! Really? 40 years?? Wow! You need to remedy that.

      Delete
  2. Alright now you need to watch Reel Injuns! Feel Better!

    ReplyDelete