Monday, October 8, 2012

Baseball and Soccer and Gymnastics, Oh My!

One thing I have learned about the Chula Vista Montoyas: they are BUSY! It seems like days have passed since their return on Friday night because we've done so much!! On Saturday both boys had games... we dropped Josh off at baseball and watched Matt's soccer game. Then we picked up Josh from baseball and took him to his soccer game... then we went home to change and get a quick bite to eat and took Josh to another baseball game... and after church on Sunday he had another soccer game as well! Both my aunt and uncle work, too... and Matt has all his own sports as well (he would have gone to gymnastics practice today but he's feeling sick). As if shuttling kids around to sporting events all day wasn't enough, Uncle Ben went to a concert and was on the worship team at church the next day (and led the Bible study for middle school).

Speaking of church, the Chula Vista Montoyas go to a downtown Presbyterian church that meets in a gorgeous building... my gosh I wish more churches made their buildings nice to look at (it's a sin to build ugly things). Jamie and I enjoyed the more liturgical style of the service and I had a great time hanging out with the youth group during second service. I met a girl who is obsessed with anime who also plays drums for the youth group worship, which is pretty bad ass. And so begins our church-tasting adventure. Jamie and I are in a lucky position to be able to "window shop" obligation-free, given our current nomadic state...

Yesterday Jamie and I made a big feast for Sunday dinner. =) It was so much fun cooking all day, and cooking for 6 people (I'm not a big fan of leftovers, which are inevitable when cooking for two). Jamie made a scrumptious Butternut Squash braid (a fall favorite), and I made roast chicken, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, and for dessert: grilled peaches with vanilla gelato and brown sugar and ginger snap crumbled over the top. Delicious! The Chula Vista Montoyas liked it a lot, too. =)

Tomorrow I'll post about today's trip to the San Diego Zoo with Matt & Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment