Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Goodbye, San Diego!

Today we embark on the next portion of our Year of {Vaga}Bonding. We spent our last day with the Chula Vista Montoyas by making oatmeal pancakes for breakfast (the boys started back at school today) and taking a little trip to the Old Point Loma Lighthouse while Uncle Ben was at work and Aunt Susan was home sick (poor thing!). I made a video of the lighthouse because I love lighthouses... and I want to use our video camera more. =P We got back after lunch and spent the rest of the day reading and drawing. I'm working on a mini-comic I dropped about a year ago. It's good to get back to it!


Our last evening here was spent at Islands for some burgers & brews with my uncle, where we had a great time talking about the American Church and solving all its issues. ;) Back at the house we were entertained by a five-star laughing fit, presented by Matt. He got stuck in the middle of a story (which wasn't even meant to be funny) and literally laughed his head off for about five minutes. It was great. He was supposed to be doing homework, which probably explains why he was able to laugh about nothing for five minutes. Did you know that my cousins have like half of their classes taught completely in Spanish? I was impressed. Except it's a pain for my aunt and uncle to try to help them with homework when they can't even read it half the time, haha.

We had an awesome stay with the Chula Vista Montoyas!! They were very welcoming and we felt at home with them in their house. It was a huge blessing to have a few days to just laze around and recover while they were on vacation, and when they got back we had a lot of fun hanging out with my cousins, taking them to the zoo and playing lots of Settlers of Catan! It was so nice to spend an extended amount of time with my aunt & uncle and cousins and get to know them because we see them maybe once a year (it's a long drive, lemme tell ya), and I can't wait until we can meet up again at holidays or whatever else in the future. Uncle Ben did ask when we'd be back, and we just might take him up on that offer next year. ;)

This was the perfect first stop and exactly what we hoped for when starting this journey (not to scare the rest of you who are expecting us at some point in the next few months! We don't expect much other than feeling welcome, I promise). I hope we were good guests, because my family in Chula Vista were great hosts.
Today we are on the road to stay at my aunt's house in the Sacramento Area! We will be house/dog-sitting again over the weekend but we'll still get a couple of nights to hang out with her, talk about wine, play board games, pet her adorable Daschunds, and enjoy the company. =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I'm jealous that you got to spend that time just getting to know them. We need to do that, too!:) Glad you had a laughing fit too ...been too long for me and they are so wonderful and you feel exhilerated and elated and exausted all at the same time:) Have a nice drive up to Sacto and Aunt Trinny!

    ReplyDelete