Friday, October 5, 2012

Just What the Doctor Ordered...

We've been recovering slowly but steadily since we came down with this lovely cold/flu a week ago, so we decided to splurge a bit and spend the day in Disneyland. With Dayquil and Kleenex close at hand we made the trip to Anaheim and arrived at the Happiest Place on Earth around 11 a.m. yesterday... look at all the fun we had!


At the Matterhorn! First rollercoaster of the day.
It was Halloween at Disneyland, so Space Mountain got a theme other than "space" for the occasion. Space Mountain is my favorite.
Jamie LOVES the Fantasy Land rides...
Jamie's favorite, Splash Mountain. You can tell he's having a wonderful time. =P I can't get that boy to smile...
As you can see I still haven't gotten over my deep-rooted childhood traumas from this ride.
We enjoyed gumbo & ribs for dinner at the Blue Bayou! So yummy! This was my first time at the famed restaurant.
O the ambiance.
Blur = camera malfunction. Here is the Haunted Mansion made even more haunted for Halloween! They completely  changed the entire ride to a "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme... clever. Now they get to leave it up the rest of the year instead of just the Christmas season.
Halloween in Disneyland! It wasn't as elaborately decorated as I hoped, but there was this Halloween Tree. To be fair, the decorations that were there were elaborate, but it wasn't like Halloween had barfed everywhere, which is what I was expecting.
We have to give a shout out to the friends who have literally just handed us money for our trip; these fun little side-excursions wouldn't be possible without it! You guys are awesome!

Yay Disneyland! =)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you felt good enough to go! Didn't look terribly crowded, either:). I have never been to D-land on a holiday (only during stupid summer) so I am jealous!:) Did they have cool halloween stuff to buy? Of course they did, stupid question...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pretty much avoided every shop (no point in gawking at what you can't buy... I'm not a very good window shopper) but we saw lots of people with Halloween inspired merch. =) The crowds weren't bad! Didn't wait more than 30 minutes in any lines (though we did use fast passes and we skipped the longer waits... some were over an hour), and we got to go on all the rides we wanted (Indiana Jones was closed, but other than that).

      Delete
  2. Upon re-reading my post, I realize I used a lot of negative adjectives...but I'm really in a good mood. So take that with a grain of salt! Thanks for posting the pictures, they're the best!

    ReplyDelete